Common Heating & Air Conditioning Issues
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are complex, containing many working components that must operate properly for optimal function. With routine HVAC maintenance, these systems can work well for many years—but issues are bound to arise from time to time.
Some of the most common types of heating and air conditioning issues include:
- Malfunctioning Thermostats: Thermostats that are not working properly can cause a heater or air conditioner to turn on at the wrong time, run for too long, or not turn on at all.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause AC units to freeze up and not cool as efficiently, leading to higher energy costs and greater wear-and-tear on the system.
- Clogged Condensate Lines and Air Filters: Clogged condensate lines can create water damage in your home, while blocked air filters can reduce air flow, leading to higher energy bills.
- Inadequate Insulation: Poorly insulated walls or ceilings can cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary, leading to decreased efficiency and excess wear-and-tear.
- Improperly Sized Heaters/Air Conditioners: If the size of the unit is too small, it won’t be able to adequately heat or cool your home or commercial property.
- Clogged or Dirty Ducts/Vents: Clogged or dirty ducts and vents can cause your unit to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills and decreased efficiency.
At AirPlus, we understand how important it is for you to maintain a comfortable environment in your home or business. From furnace repair to air conditioner service to new HVAC system installation, our team of experienced professionals is here to help you with all your home service needs.
Common Signs You Need Professional Plumbing Services
You might not think too much about your home or business’s plumbing systems—until something goes wrong. But certain, subtle signs indicate it’s time to call a professional plumber.
Some of the most common signs that you need professional plumbing services include:
- Loud, Unusual Noises: Strange noises coming from your pipes, such as rattling, whistling, or banging. This could indicate a serious issue, such as water hammering or high water pressure levels in your pipes.
- No Hot Water: If you’re not getting any hot water, there is likely a problem with your water heater. At AirPlus, our team can diagnose the problem and recommend the necessary repairs. We can even assist you in installing a new water heater, if necessary.
- Low Water Pressure: Low water pressure could be caused by a build-up of sediment in your pipes or a blockage somewhere in the lines. If you’ve noticed unusually low water pressure, call the Fairfax, VA plumbers at AirPlus right away.
- Unpleasant Odors: Unusual odors coming from plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, toilets, and bathtubs could mean that there is a sewage issue or an accumulation of debris in the drains. If your plumbing system is emitting unpleasant smells, call AirPlus as soon as possible.
- Leaking Faucets and Pipes: If you notice any signs of a water leak, such as water stains on your walls or floors or unusually lush or damp areas of your lawn/yard, it’s important to call a professional plumber immediately.
- Unusually High Water Bills: Higher-than-normal water bills could be a sign of a hidden leak that is causing water to escape somewhere in your home. It could also indicate an inefficient fixture or system; call AirPlus to schedule an inspection right away.
If you are experiencing any of these or other plumbing issues, don’t hesitate to contact AirPlus for trusted service from a team of experienced, certified professionals. We have the expertise to get the job done right the first time.
When to Hire an Electrician
When it comes to maintaining your home or business’s electrical systems, hiring a professional electrician is often the safest and most reliable option. It’s important to be aware of the common issues that can arise with your electrical system so that you know when to seek help from an experienced electrician.
Common electrical system issues include:
- Faulty wiring
- Flickering lights
- Overloaded circuits
- Outdated outlets and electrical panels
- Loose connections
- Frequently tripping circuit breakers
- Hot spots in the electrical panel or outlet boxes
- Poorly installed lighting fixtures
At AirPlus, we understand how important it is to have a safe electrical system in your home or commercial property. Our experienced electricians can handle any job big or small—from repairs and maintenance to installations and replacements. Plus, our 24/7 emergency service means you can rest assured knowing you’ll never be left without the help you need.
Why Hire the AirPlus Team?
At AirPlus, we pride ourselves on providing superior service at an affordable price. Whether you need a new AC unit installed, have a plumbing issue that needs fixing, or want to achieve greater peace of mind with a new backup generator, our team of certified professionals has the expertise to get the job done right. We provide a wide range of services for residential and commercial customers, so you can trust us to handle any project big or small. We also offer free estimates, so you know what to expect before work begins.
We are committed to your complete satisfaction. When you hire AirPlus, you can expect to receive nothing short of the highest quality workmanship and customer service. We look forward to hearing from you and learning how we can help you with your residential or commercial service needs.
Call (571) 470-7235 or contact us online today to learn more about our HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services in Fairfax, VA.
Contact Airplus TodayServicing All Brands
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at (571) 470-7235 or complete the form below.