Nothing compares to the peace of mind that an automated backup generator provides. Staying comfortable during a power outage starts with having the right stand-by generator for your home that runs smoothly and efficiently year in year out. Although, there are a few main things that homeowners will want to take into consideration when deciding which stand-by generator is best for their homes. While energy efficiency and price might be the most important at first glance, other factors such as the size of your house also determine which model is the best fit for you.
So, straight to the point…who makes a better stand-by home generator, Generac or Honeywell or Briggs & Stratton? Per your request, In this guide, we shall dig into the differences and comparison between these brands, so you’ll have an objective set of criteria for choosing one of them.
Generac vs Honeywell vs Briggs & Stratton: Comparison
All of the generators on this list have a powerful engine, and because they all require a direct external supply of fuel, the engines are designed to last even longer.
Smaller generator engines are frequently likened to lawnmower engines. A motorbike engine is used for the bigger generators. Even when comparing Generac vs. Honeywell vs. Briggs & Stratton, none of these will wake your neighbors because they are all designed to be quiet.
It's all about the material when it comes to enclosures. Enclosures are often made of plastic composite, aluminum, or steel.
Plastic "composite" generators have the advantage of not being corrosive over the other two choices. However, because plastic burns, the distance in feet from your home must be increased. What's the next step? This will be determined by the product and local city legislation.
Plastic, on the other hand, is an excellent alternative for salty locations or areas that receive a lot of rain and snow. It's generally the greatest choice in general because it's non-corrosive, unless you want the generator flush with your house.
Steel and aluminum variants can be installed almost directly alongside your house. However, for specifics, verify your city legislation and the manufacturer's installation instructions (usually between 16-20 inches).
The majority of Generac enclosures are built of aluminum. You can't put it as near to your house as a Generac generator because plastic can fire (or you could just choose another material).
As previously said, all of the brands discussed are rather quiet. You may compare it to a central air conditioner in terms of noise production.
If you want to get precise, they usually range from 60 to 70 decibels, although larger units can't reach 75 to 80 at full blast.
You're not going to wake up your neighbors, but they do make some noise.
Smart Options [Wifi]
Generac is much ahead of the competition in terms of intelligent features. The majority of their more recent generators come with an app that allows you to accomplish the following:
- Check the generator's state.
- Obtain information about future maintenance.
- Set a remote workout run schedule
- Examine the history of runs and maintenance.
- Modify your message preferences
Top stand-by Generators by Generac, Honeywell and Briggs & Stratton brands
Generac 70432 Generator Guardian Series
This is an excellent alternative for your power demands since it has a high-performing engine, high-quality parts, extensive systems, and a strong guarantee. Furthermore, an army of experienced installers is standing by to assist you in getting things up and running as quickly as possible.
The Guardian has the advantage of providing whole-house coverage, even if you have a bigger home and are using significant equipment such as central air conditioning or electric heat.
It'll all come down to what you need to keep running if the power goes out. Generac is an excellent solution if you want to keep the whole house running. You can probably get by with less expensive solutions if you only need to maintain a few important appliances operating (fridge, water heater, sump pump, etc.). Read more about Generac vs Kohler or Generac vs Cummins here.
- The 200-amp, NEMA 3R (indoor or outdoor rated) transfer switch with aluminum enclosure powers 16 circuits in your home.
- Onboard the machine and via the app for your mobile devices, there are smart, user-friendly controls.
- Multilingual LCD display
- Track battery health and maintenance intervals.
- Free mobile connection allows you to check on the status of your generator from anywhere in the globe using your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Connects to existing LP or natural gas fuel supply
- 5-Year Limited Warranty is less than some of the others featured here
Briggs & Stratton 40555 17kW Standby Generator
While not as powerful or well-known as the Generac, Briggs & Stratton typically receives top reviews from consumers for performance and dependability.
It runs on both propane and natural gas, and with less than 5% harmonic distortion, it's absolutely safe to power even the most sensitive electronic equipment.
Customers also compliment the unit for its quietness. One client said that while they could hear the generator operating next to their room, they couldn't hear it in other sections of the house. If noise is an issue, this generator is well worth considering.
- Symphony II Power Management balances demand between high- and low-demand equipment (such as a central air conditioner or an electric oven) (TV, lights)
- 5-year full parts, labor, and travel warranty warranty period Warranty: 5 Years
- This unit is 50% quieter than conventional portable generators thanks to sound dampening technology.
- Because it meets the rigorous National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard, it may be installed closer to your home.
- Ability to sustain two air conditioning units up to a 5-ton capacity
- Because there is roughly a one-minute wait before powering up, it is suggested that you acquire UPS systems for computers and equipment that save data. As the generator warms up, this will guarantee that these devices continue to hum.
- You can get this without the transfer switch, which you'll need to connect to your circuit board. All you have to do now is make sure you have the right-sized transfer switch for your mains.
Honeywell 22kW Air Cooled Home Standby Generator, WiFi-Enabled - 70652
- Precision Power™ Technology delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Honey well Engine is a purpose-built, pressure-lubricated engine capable of handling the rigors of generator use, resulting in power that's more reliable. It also requires less routine maintenance than any competitive engine.
- WhisperCheck™ Self-Test Mode runs at a lower RPM for a five or twelve minute test, making generators significantly quieter than other brands while consuming less fuel.
- Tough, Durable All-Aluminum Enclosures: RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish helps make corrosion-resistant aluminum perfect for all weather conditions.
- Smart, User-Friendly Controls. Honeywell Generator's Sync Controller features a multilingual LCD display that allows users to monitor battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is always in top operating condition.
- Mobile Link Remote Monitoring allows you to monitor the status of your generator from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or PC. Easily access information, such as the current operating status and the generator's maintenance schedule. Connect your account to your authorized service dealer for fast, friendly and convenient assistance. (Sold Separately).
- Transfer Switch Options - Honeywell Sync Smart Transfer Switch: Utilizing digital power management, it allows for coverage of two air conditioners without additional components and up to whole house coverage.
- Honeywell Generators and engines are engineered and built in the USA.
- Premium 5 Year Limited Warranty.
CHOOSING A HOME GENERATOR CONTRACTOR
A backup house generator is a necessary but costly addition to your home's electrical infrastructure. As a result, getting proper generator installation provides piece of mind to homeowners. It's no surprise that the installation procedure is considered just as crucial as the generator being installed. Some furnace manufacturers, such as Generac, Briggs & Stratton, and even Honeywell, go so far as to handpick contractors to install their furnaces. They don’t allow any handyman to install their products.
When you contact us today from our website, You will receive our A+, licensed, and insured HVAC installers Our pricing and rates are fair and made with integrity.
The post Best Stand-by Generator for Your Home – Generac Vs Honeywell Vs Briggs & Stratton Review 2022 appeared first on HVAC Services Lorton | AirPlus Heating & Cooling.